There are over 46 million Americans who comprise the country’s senior population. Many are in good health and ready to enjoy their twilight years.
Yet, some need senior housing or assisted living facility. Because no one knows how long they will live, your senior housing investments need to start now.
Senior living fund reviews is a topic most seniors want to receive the latest and greatest information.
Today’s 46 million senior citizen population is expected to double over the next 25 years. Making senior investing for a living of prime importance.
Senior Living Funding Sources
There are many senior living funding sources available to seniors. If you are a senior citizen or wish to help a senior citizen prepare for their post-retirement years, we are here to help.
We have listed below a cross-sectional list of senior housing investments which may of interest;
1. Reverse Mortgages and Home Equity Lines of Credit (HELOC)
Senior citizens who own their homes can use reverse mortgages or home equity lines of credit to help pay for assisted living needs.
But there are some very strict restrictions on owner-occupation and if a home equity line of credit associated costs. Good research on your options in this category before you make a decision is advisable.
2. Life Insurance Benefits
A senior who has invested in life insurance usually has several options. The below list represents a cross-sectional option range;
- Viatical settlements – This settlement occurs when the insurance holder sells their life insurance policy to get cash. It meets immediate cash requirements but most financial advisors do not recommend it.
- Loans based on insurance death benefits – The loans taken are based on your individual insurance policy’s cash value. What’s more, it must be repaid by you or your beneficiary or the death benefit is reduced.
- Life insurance conversions – Life insurance conversions use the value of your policy and apply it to the cost of your senior housing funding needs. It usually maximizes the value of your policy.
3. More Senior Housing Investments
If you are financially secure and want a way to adequately cover your senior living funding needs long term care insurance is great.
If you still can still buy it, it is one of the smartest senior housing investment you can make. But if you currently need senior living housing, you no longer qualify to be a purchaser for this form of insurance.
Assisted living loans are sometimes called bridge loans. These types of loans are some of the least favorite senior living funding sources. It is also a loan some seniors use often.
It is a short-term, temporary loan. The problem with short-term, temporary loans is while flexible, there are problematic conditions which can occur.
If your financial need exceeds the length of the bridge loan time (6-12 months), your interest rate and fees increase greatly.
4. Specific Senior Housing Investments
There are specific senior housing investments which you can research. You may decide some of them will meet the senior living funding you need for your future.
A cross-sectional list of some senior living fund reviews we found are;
- LTC Properties (LTC). LTC Properties, Inc. is a real estate investment trust with a debt to equity ratio of 46%. Since they are landlords but not care, providers, anything Medicare does rarely affect them. They also have over 200 investments throughout 28 states.
- Health Care REIT (HCN) changed its name to Welltower in 2015. Welltower has exceeded $30 billion of gross real estate investments since 2015. In 2018 Welltower acquired Quality Care Properties and HCR Manor Care for $4.4 billion. They have nowhere to go but up in value.
- Aerie Pharma (AERI) – Aerie Pharma is a pharmaceutical company who provide products some seniors may use every day. AERI developed and brought to market two glaucoma drugs.
- Both of these drugs Rocklatan® (netarsudil/latanoprost ophthalmic solution) 0.02%/0.005% and Rhopressa® (netarsudil ophthalmic solution) 0.02% are very successful.
- Aerie Pharma is having monster growth and is worth researching.
Who Do I See and Where Do I Learn More?
Our senior assisted living center provides information and will direct you to people you can see to discuss senior housing investments.
A senior housing investment may be needed by you or for your parents. We assist anyone who needs help with their investing in senior housing need.
However, there are other sources who can help you as well. Below is a list of cross-sectional people or places you can go to receive additional senior living funding assistance.
- Public Benefits Counselors – Public Benefits Counselors are available through various non-profit organizations. Every state’s health and human service office has public benefits counselors. Local agencies like the Area Agencies on Aging (AAA) or Aging and Disability Resource Centers (ADRC) usually have benefits counselors on staff.
- Geriatric Care Managers (GCM) – Geriatric Care Managers create and develop the family’s long-term care strategies for plans which will help them the most. Most geriatric care managers do not give, nor do they have financial expertise. Their jobs are to make sure the long-term care services you need fits your budget limits.
- Eldercare Resource Planners (ERP) – Eldercare Resource Planners do usually have some financial background.
You pay for ERP’s out of pocket, but they will help develop a realistic financial plan for your assisted living future plan needs. They can also create a financial plan for any current senior housing needs.
Life moves faster than any of us ever expect. We always think we will have time to figure out what senior housing investments are best for us.
We also always think we will have time to read through senior living fund reviews so we will make the best decision for us or a loved one.
But if you have senior living funding or housing needs now, we can help provide helpful information.
If you live or wish to reside in a Washington D.C. area senior housing area we provide virtual tours for you to select everything in advance.
If you or a family member need a beautiful senior living facility, we are the answer. We provide safe and beautiful living areas. We provide living areas where new friendships blossom. We provide living areas which become home.
Please call us now so we can bring the best in Washington D.C. senior housing to you. Your new home awaits!